Friday, November 19, 2010

*Maybe God is Right After All* by Cynthia Heald

This is the book that I am currently reading. Upon finishing the Introduction which was her search for radical ideas (searching for her place and where she wanted to be or should be) she asked us to answer 5 questions: (for our journey)

1) Before reading the next chapter reflect on your own life. Where are you in your spiritual journey? Are you a seeker, looking for truth, for something that is certain? Are you a new follower of Christ? Have you been following Christ for a long time?

I feel I am a seeker. I want to know more & feel closer to Christ.

2) How would you characterize your spiritual life at this point? Vibrant? Stale? Solid? Uncertain?Exciting? Routine? In what way would you like it to be different?

My spiritual life has always been in tacted just routine I suppose you could say. I believed in Christ & new he was always there & prayed to him. However, I feel it was almost in a selfish way like most of our culture only when you need something. I am at the point where I want Christ in my life all the time. I want to strive to be the person Christ wants us all to be....the one he gave his life for.

3) In my description of the community I belonged to, I talked about what I wanted out of life. In a few sentences, write down what you want out of life?

I want to be a great mother, wife and person. I want to be successful inside and outside of my family. I want to live without regret.

4)In this book I share ten radical truths to live by, truths that anchor me. If someone asked what your bottom-line truths are, the truths you live by, what would you say? What truths do you fall back on when you go through challenging times? Write down these truths. As you read through the book, you may want to come back to this list and fine-tune it.

The truths I fall back on:
Everything happens for a reason
No one is going to do it for you, you have to do it yourself
My family loves me no matter what-even when I am wrong- they anchor me
Lean on and talk to Christ

5) As you begin to read this book, write down a brief prayer asking God to guide you and speak to your heart so you can be transformed and renewed on your journey.

God- As your child I pray that you will guide me to you and show me the person you want me to become from this point in my life on. Please help me to open my heart & spirit to you & follow sincerely never looking back.

Hope your day is Great!

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I love this. That sounds like an interesting book.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for you comments on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete