Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Elf on the Shelf

          I can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner! This is a neat little tradition that one of my sister-in-laws found.  I thought I would share incase someone hasn't seen it yet!
          I wanted to start it this year, however, this Christmas we are a little bit in shambles...we have another move possible for our family.  Because of the level of uncertainity I have not be able to put up any decorations which is killing me because my daughter is at the funniest age for this time of year.  I am feeling like I am missing out on a year of the funniest times! You know as kids get older it just is not the same as when they are little and so so excited for Santa!! In the last 2 years we have moved twice and looking now at the 3rd!!! We just moved 3 months ago to where we are now!! I had my 2nd daughter and was moving before she was a month old! Now again when she is 4 months poor girl is gettin some travelin in for sure.

Any who....
Here is the Elf on the Shelf ....

             You place it somewhere in your home and when the kids are misbehaving you tell them the elf is watching who is good or bad for Santa. Then at night the Elf flies home to the North Pole while the kids are sleeping and you place the Elf in another spot the next day in the house.  So it looks like he left and came back to sit somw where else! Next year for sure I am going to start this tradition with my girls...Hope you enjoy as well.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! My boy loves the commercial! Hope things settle down for you so you can decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I will have to start that next year too!
    Wahoo about the move, so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So THAT is what the Elf does. Ha! I watch a little boy who has an Elf in their house and I could not get him to explain to me what it was for. That is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete